The Foreign & Commonwealth Office still has the country on a state of emergency which is to remain in place until at least the 3rd November 2019, and has advised against all non-essential travel.
Because we have Rally Round personnel scheduled to depart to start the final preparations in the coming week, ahead of the competitors’ arrival, we therefore need to make a decision on the future of the event.
We have discussed all the options and garnered information from the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, Ecuadorian Embassy, US State department and we sadly have no alternative but to cancel the event on their advice.
We are deeply saddened to have to cancel the Flight of the Condor Rally after over two years of planning but as events have only unfolded in the past couple of weeks, we don’t have a safe alternative.
Rally Round has a duty of care and the safety of all involved throughout is paramount and we don’t feel we can guarantee the safety or security of the competitors or the Rally Round team.